To be guaranteed inclusion in the next Ullswater leaflet, please pay your subscription by 31 March 2023.
The Ullswater Association is a membership group representing tourism businesses in and around the Ullswater Valley in the Lake District. We work on behalf of members to promote and enhance the area and to encourage visitors here.
By becoming a member of the Ullswater Association we can work with other local businesses, authorities and agencies to collectively make an impact on issues that affect the success of the area.
Together we can inform and influence economic development strategies, we can bring members together for increased trading and collaboration, develop events and projects at the heart of the community, give you an opportunity to make new contacts and of course encourage tourism in the area.
Membership of the Ullswater Association gives you:
- Listing in the coveted Ullswater destination brochure – annual print run circa 60k including FREE distribution to local tourist information centres and key locations within the Northwest in addition to domestic and international tourism events. Thanks to member contribution from Northern Print Distribution.
- Category listing for your business in print and online with an additional listing free of charge with larger membership subscriptions.
- Your listing is managed and updated by you and includes a gallery of images to promote your business on ullswater.org
- Online easy to use platform to upload, display and list your events – all part of the service.
- Unlimited press release distribution – all we ask is for you to share your stories
- Instagram and Facebook social media channels, members can share and promote their events and stories. Estimated audience 42-50M.
- We welcome members to be involved so you can be involved as much or as little as you like to promote your businesses as part of the destination.
- We host quarterly member meetings, this is currently a hybrid mixes of in person and online events.
- We hold an annual familiarisation trips highlighting numerous product launches and/ or businesses.
- We help to organise and/or host press trips to the region with our transport partners, Avant Northwest and Stagecoach.
- Our dedicated marketing support is purely focussed on raising both members’ profiles and the profile of the destination by working together and as part of the wider regional tourism offer.
- Cumbria Tourism, Eden Tourism, Lake District National Park, National Trust, and other outside organisations are engaged with the organisation, offering specialist support and advice about the latest tourism updates, trends, and opportunities.
- We offer ad hoc marketing and PR advice for members at meetings via our in-house dedicated marketing expert.
All this for less than a decent size ad in the local newspaper!